This Is Soo Harrd Lord

Woke up one morning feeling sooo tired. The temptation was to stay in bed just a little longer. Skip devotion today. My body just needs it. Mmm hmm.

Now we all  know this just never works. I very well knew, that if I'd stayed in bed, that would have been it. My time would have been gone and I could never get it back. I tried to rationalize by saying God would understand, you know. He knows that you can't really function at your best this way. But God didn't tell me to go to bed at that hour. And how could I expect to get through my day and remain sane with all that life throws at us and the temptations that are sure to pop up? I know from experience that it all goes downhill from there. I never fully recover and I end up wishing that I hadn't skipped out on my time alone with God. Plus, there're those feelings of guilt that creep in, since I know I really didn't push harder and do my very best.



Now hear me out for a minute. I'm not talking about those who have commitments to family, work and school who aren't able to do any better. I understand that life is like that for many people. I'm talking about ME. I know very well that I have NO EXCUSE for going to bed late and God knows this too. He called me to this blog and as my God-given purpose (or at least part of it) I have a responsibility to do everything in my power to make sure I make it a priority. So where am I going with all this? 



That means, if I have to shift around some things, then that's what I have to do. If I have to have dinner earlier then so be it. If it means no late nights watching tv or whatever the case, I have to line myself up with HIS purpose. Not the other way around. I KNOW from experience, that for me, eating a heavy meal late and then going to bed late on top of that just makes me a total wreck. It was my doing. As mentioned before God's business must become PRIORITY.



WHY? 

He's about saving lives and He uses me (and others like you) to do it.

I know you may not be there yet, but I wasn't always here either. God showed me that once I have made a commitment to Him to allow Him to use me, there's no room for being idle, lazy and neglectful. At least there shouldn't be. I say "shouldn't" since He never forces us into anything. Lives are at stake and last time I checked, saving lives and wasn't a laughing matter. 

Besides, He has no pleasure in those who start out but do not finish. He says it clearly in Hebrews 10:38,39 KJV Now the just shall live by faith; but if any man draw back, my soul shall no pleasure in Him. But we are not of those who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. 

Am I getting all "bent out of shape" over one morning? Remember, anything we do could easily become a habit, good or bad. More often though, it is our sinful nature that wins. We have to constantly be on guard or that one time will become two times, three times and so on. We have to fight. We have to be prepared with the whole armor of God, to defend ourselves, when the enemy comes whispering his suggestions to us.



This is WAR! Plain and straight. 



No war was ever a walk in the park. Not even the battle of Jericho, where they walked around the wall and it fell. They still fought after the wall fell. That wall falling down probably left those people so stunned that they were already defeated in their minds. (You can check out the full story in Joshua Chapter 6). Did the people have anything to do, or did they just gain an easy victory? It seemed that they had very little to do, but they most certainly had a part to play. They had to be obedient! They had to do exactly what God said, exactly the way He said it ought to be done.




It's the same with our spiritual battles. Except this time we aren't fighting our friend, family member or neighbor. We're coming up against the enemy himself, Satan.
 Ephesians 6:10-13 KJV Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole amour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand.



So if it seems to you to be really hard, that's the reason. Yet our Father didn't leave us without help. He knew everything we would go through and He made more than enough provision for us to have victory. We have to bury ourselves in His word so we can meet the enemy when He comes. Jesus was our example and He demonstrated that telling the enemy what the word of God says was the ONLY way to win. But how are we to know what it says, if we don't pick it up. How are we to be strong today, if we skipped out on our alone time with God?? Make no mistake my sisters, we need Him not just every day, but EVERY MOMENT.



Today I was feeling a bit tired. Not too much though(smile) But I got my lazy self up out of the bed so I could share with you what God put on my heart! Help is already on the way for you. Like I said before, God is not forcing you. He always allows us to exercise our wills freely. If you haven't done it before there's no better time to begin than right now. If you've been slacking here and there let today be the last you put Him off. It's really the best thing you could ever do for yourself. Blessings!!



                                                                 PRAYING FOR YOU!!










Comments

Popular Posts