Girls Just Wanna Have FuUUNN...

I'm just gonna dive right in. We've all been there. The temptation is just so overwhelming and we are hypnotized into doing what we know is wrong. Right? We just couldn't help ourselves. Well let's honestly examine what's happening here? 

What is God's promise to us regarding temptation? Let's see in
 1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation make a way of escape, that ye may be able to bear it. You mean after God told us that He will not give us more than we can bear; and also with that, that He will give us a way of escape, so that we would be able to bear it, we still fall?? I'm speaking to myself here too.  


You know I've asked myself many times; do I really want to give this sin up, or do I cherish it?? Hard, I know. At some point though we have to face ourselves and be really open and honest. God has done everything He can possibly do to give us the power over sin. Next to all He has already done, it's only left for Him to remove the possibility of being tempted altogether. And we know it ain't gonna happen.


You know what we do? We say this is the last time and  then I'll stop. Only a little bit, not too much. I know myself. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I know my boundaries. I'm a grown woman. I'm strong enough to overcome that. And on and on we go with the feeble excuses. We rationalize our actions and before we know it, we are right back where we started. Sometimes we're even in a worse state than before. Sisters, don't you know from the moment you entertained the thought it's as if you've already done it? Oh yes. All that's left is the opportunity to carry it out.


Fact is, we don't know ourselves nearly as half as we think we do. 


You do?


Then why after you've done your thing, you say, I can't believe I did that. I can't believe I said that or that I went there. I never thought I would go so low??? Did I actually sleep with that guy? Familiar to you? We are often surprised and shocked at just how low our standards are at times. You know, those things that you hope  and pray to God no one ever finds out?


Well let me break it down you to baby-girl. WE can't do jack. WE have no power. WE have no morals. Not a leg to stand on. What am I saying? Not me sis. It's God's word that says so. And it goes for me too. John 15:5 "...for without me ye can do nothing." Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. An oh so  humbling thought . So all this talk about "I know my self and my boundaries" is a bunch of hogwash. Come on now. You know you're just fooling yourself. You know you would fold faster than a cheap tent next time you see that man. 


But thank God that's not where your story has to end. I love that little word "but". It has HUGE implications. Even though you have no boundaries, standards or the like, you can still overcome. You can get some backbone Sis. How? In God's strength. If God said He will fight for you, what have you got to worry about? You have the creator of the universe telling you that He will give you His strength in order to help you
 overcome. He says it right here in Philippians 4:13 KJV I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. Tell me how could you not win when you're fighting in Christ's strength. 




                                Now you have a backbone. Christ.




Not your own man made standards, but Christ's standards. Know what that means? You now have to follow His example and not your own way. You must ask for His strength daily so you don't fall into the same trap again and again and again. I sure am glad that I don't have to go it alone. I'm telling you I've learned to call out to Jesus in the middle of my temptation. Sometimes I'm afraid I won't be able to come out of it in one piece.
 It DOESN'T matter how you FEEL at that moment. God sees us and knows our weakness and He has and will have compassion on us. Why do you think He said He will give us His strength so we can fight and win?



Even when you feel like you just NEED that brother to hold you close, yes even right then; cry out to God and HE WILL HEAR YOU AND COME TO YOUR RESCUE



I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't experienced it myself. Yesss girrl. I had to cry to Jesus and right there in that moment He came to me and gave me peace, and I gained the victory. The enemy knows this. Repeat what God said to you and believe it. He won't give you more than you can bear. Say it over and over again if you have to. Remember it's the word of God that will give us the power to overcome. Jesus showed us how when He met Satan in the wilderness. His response was "It is written".


I just want to share one more thing with you before you go. We aren't fighting with just any weapon. We aren't using humans strategies and skills. God's word tells us our weapons aren't carnal. They are not man made. 2 Corinthians 10:4,5 KJV For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.


We have an arsenal that is unbeatable by the enemy. See what it says? The weapons we are using aren't mighty through us, they are
 mighty through GodThat's the only way they are able to cast down every high thing that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. That includes my sin and yours as well. So if you've thought that you were in a stronghold that couldn't be broken, well that lie was just shattered. It's not going to be an easy struggle, but it will certainly be worth it. Sometimes it takes seasons of fasting and praying to break these strong holds, but we must still do our part. We do this by bringing our thoughts into obedience to Christ. How? Stay in His word. Then when temptation creeps up on us, we can say like Christ "It is written". 


My prayer for you today is for you to have victory over your strongholds and be free in Jesus. Blessings to you my Loves!!





                                                             PRAYING FOR YOU!!




                                                       



Comments

Popular Posts