When God Says MOVE!

       
   Actually, He doesn't shout but He is quite convincing. Ever had someone talk to you so lovingly and gently but have their words penetrate so deep you felt the genuine love, care and wisdom of their words?

Years ago God gave this scripture to me but I did not contemplate it to it's fullest extent.It's Genesis 12:1-8. It speaks of God calling Abraham to leave his place of comfort and his place of knowing into a place he did not know. He had no idea even where he would end up. God literally led him into this new territory. On leaving, he didn't know where he was going to be actually able to tell his parents a specific location. God told him GO and I WILL SHOW you.

"NOW THE LORD HAD SAID UNTO ABRAM, GET THEE OUT OF THY COUNTRY AND FROM THY KINDRED AND FROM THY FATHER'S HOUSE, UNTO A LAND THAT I WILL SHEW THEE". GEN 12:1 KJV

I felt God talking to me but I assumed He meant it as a leap of faith in the spiritual sense. I didn't think it would actually mean a physical move. For me, it would take a GIANT leap of faith. It's something I'd done only about one other time in my entire life that I could remember. At that time I was only  eight. I know I needed to get out of the place where I was staying with my boys, who were three and four at the time. I had no job, no provision, no nothing. I prayed this CRAZY prayer and asked God for a place I could stay without paying rent until I was able to get myself a job and be in a position to pay mine and the boys' way.

Now come on. This was New York in the year 2012. Who was going to do that for anyone?? I decided to manifest a CRAZY FAITH in God.

It happened like this. I had met someone earlier that year who helped me grow and realize how much God loves and cares for me and wanted to be a part of my life. She showed me by her own life experiences how God had done the same for her, and shared some of the miracles God had done for her with me. She encouraged me to exercise the same faith in God and so I decided to give it a try. I said Lord I want you to speak to me the way you speak to my friend. I want that same kind of connection with you. I did not know if I could have it but it didn't hurt to ask.

So there I was one day kneeling at my bedside. I said Lord I'm going to ask something crazy but I am deciding to have faith like even a mustard seed. I prayed for that apartment and to not pay rent and until I was able to.

Well, one day as I was walking down the hall leading to the kitchen, I felt in my spirit that I literally just walked into another place/apartment. I ran back to the bedroom to call my friend and quickly let her know that I had found the place! She was ecstatic! She asked me where it was and the I told her that God had shown me in my spirit that I got the place but hadn't actually physically had it as yet. Long story short her very closest friend had an empty apartment upstairs her house that I could use. She refused to even hear me speak about rent.

Fast forward to the present day. It's now December of 2019 and I am being reminded this cold december morning of my previous faith building experience. I woke around 11:19pm, thought nothing of it, rolled over and went back to sleep. However, I woke again about an hour later and just knew that my Father wanted, needed, to talk to me. So here I am writing this entry.

I was listening to a podcast recently by a Christian sister where she spoke a word so convincingly to me that God had been telling me to move but I had been holding up the process. I was comfortable to a point but yet not content or really comfortable in the truest sense. I could do certain things to maintain my status but could go no further. She actually described my current situation to a T. She spoke about knowing when God is saying it's time to move. The circumstances no longer fit your needs. The move could have been a blessing at one point in your life but now it is no longer so. It has served its purpose. Also she spoke of being discontented in a way where you realize the place is no longer fitting for you. It no longer serves you nor are you able to serve others. There's no fruit and provisions are lacking in a telltale way. It's as if God is causing failure in that place to show you it's time to move.

This was actually the same state of affairs as when I had had that first faith building experience with God about the apartment. My children and I were in the cold. And there was no electricity. Suffice it to say it was glaringly obvious that it was time to move.

This time around the situation is different to a great extent, however, I have still outgrown it. My bed literally is too big for my room now. I received a brand new queen sized bed, praise God, but now my room is too small for it. I have to literally walk sideways. Yep. My drawers are becoming too stuffed with my clothes even though I just barely have any. My sons have gotten so tall they're just barely fitting their bed and they are also outgrowing their drawers. These are the smaller issues of course, but the other things are too sensitive to list. I've even felt that I no longer serve my purpose at my local congregation. I believe that God needs me to move on at this juncture in my life but have been too afraid to step out on my own entirely this time without being spoon fed or having someone hold my hand.

I have had that spirit of discontent for a while now. It could have been over two years. I also felt a strong urge to move which I felt would be good for the boys (for very good reasons) as well. When I was just experiencing these moments of discontent, I asked counsel of two people I felt would pray me through and wait on God for an answer. Guess what happened. Neither of them offered prayer. They both answered from a place of personal feelings about me and how they viewed the situation. I accepted their views and thought that it just might be my discontentment and restlessness.

Today I am struck that neither of them actually offered prayer, which would have been one of the first things they would have said. I now realize that I wanted to believe them so much so, that it did not even occur to me then, that it was not a situation totally submitted to God. I had depended solely on human wisdom to the exclusion of God and His wisdom. The situation was laid to rest temporarily but it has become too much to ignore at this juncture. There have been other occurrences that would not have happened had I moved at that time when God placed that discontent in my heart. I would have spared myself SO MUCH HEARTACHE. Now I absolutely believe that it is critical to move with God so that the enemy does not have another opportunity to wreak havoc because of my disobedience.

Who would have thought that discontentment could also come from God? He can cause us to become so uncomfortable in a place so that we are stretched in a way where we see our dependence only on Him. I am certainly being stretched. This time, however, I have to make the moves. I have to make the decisions and go in faith. But God has spoken and He promised to be with me. He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me.I may not feel ready or adequate but God never calls those who can do anything. He wants to show what He can do in us, so we can know who He really is, and that He alone will get the glory. He is absolutely deserving of it!

His promise is...

"AND I WILL MAKE OF THEE A GREAT NATION, AND I WILL BLESS THEE, AND MAKE THY NAME GREAT ; AND THOU SHALT BE A BLESSING: 
AND I WILL BLESS THEM THAT BLESS THEE, AND CURSE THEM HIM CURSETH THEE: AND IN THEE SHALL ALL FAMILIES OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED." GEN 12:2,3 KJV


I want to challenge you today that if God is pressing you with something or you are experiencing discontentment in any area of your life, or in all of it, it just may be that God wants you to change something.It may be a mental or emotional change. It could be a physical change or move or all of the above. Discontentment is not always bad. God may be using it to signal to you that it's time to MOVE. Go to Him and do not leave His presence until you know what he is calling you to do. Woman of God, Child of God, it's time to move!





                                                Prayers and Blessings on you!!












Comments

Popular Posts